The New Biography of the Universe

The New Biography of the Universe - Matthias Matting | Karta-nauczyciela.org Read book . Download book in PDF, TXT, FB2 format on your smartphone. And much more on karta-nauczyciela.org.

INFORMATION

AUTHOR
Matthias Matting
DIMENSION
3,40 MB
FILE NAME
The New Biography of the Universe.pdf
ISBN
5976608530682

DESCRIPTION

May I introduce: the universe. Born 13.75 billion years ago. Constantly growing. Nearly empty. Electrically neutral. Poor in antimatter. Populated by 100 billion galaxies, including 130 sextillion stars with approximately just as many planets.Consisting of only 4 percent known forms of matter. The other 96 percent is made up of 23 percent dark matter and 73 percent dark energy. The home of black holes, giant stars, pulsars, quasars, galaxy clusters, and nebulas - as well as lifeforms such as humans.Where did the universe come from? What were the conditions at its birth? What amazing processes have been taking place since then? When and how will it die? What science knows about these things has changed dramatically in recent years. Let yourself be taken away into a world that goes beyond everything imaginable - the universe in which you live.With 31 images. Buyers of the ePub version may also receive for free the PDF version with additional, fascinating images that can be read on a computer (see imprint of the eBook).Table of contents:Chapter 1. Presenting the UniverseChapter 2. The Time Before Time A world made from strings Loop over loop Reborn from nothing Nothing but theories?Chapter 3. The Big Bang The 0 hour The laws of physics begin The world - a soccer ball The first particles All of the forces are already there The next round of extinctionChapter 4. The Clear Universe The first beacons They die young A fascinating death Group dynamics Fragile spirals Planets from the wasteChapter 5. The Life and Death of Stars Too small: brown dwarfs The Joe Six-Pack of the universe: red dwarfs The Sun's relatives: main-sequence stars The future of the Sun: white dwarf Extremely dense: neutron stars The odd balls: quark stars Where space and time are meaningless: black holes Even stranger: exotic stars How large can stars be? The hyper-giantsChapter 6. The Planets Our home: The Solar System Life-giving: the Sun The closest to the Sun: Mercury The most like Earth: Venus The blue planet: Earth The red planet: Mars An unfinished work: the Asteroid Belt Holding everything together: Jupiter The lord of the Rings: Saturn The icy one: Uranus Another blue planet: Neptune Way out there: the Kuiper Belt The garbage dump: the Oort Cloud The extraterrestrials: exoplanets The mavericks: planemosChapter 7. The End of the Universe Death by freezing Death by tearing apart Death by being crunched Death by annihilation Death by disintegration Death by solidification One cross each! The future biography of the universe ImprintAbout the author: Matthias Matting, born 1966, is a physicist and journalist. For his eBook "Travel to Fukushima" he received the first german eBook price. In 2011, he was the official bestselling author at Amazon Germany. He's working in the science & technology department of the german news magazine FOCUS. Since five years he authors the weekly gadget review video series "Mattings Warentest" at FOCUS.de.

The infant universe was shrouded until about 400 million years after the Big Bang, when the first stars began to form and the earliest galaxies developed. The Expansion and Evolution of the Universe At its birth, the universe was an expanding soup of sub-atomic particles. The universe began with an unimaginably enormous density and temperature.

The Hubble space telescope has captured images of galaxies that formed just a billion years after the Big... The New Universe and the Human Future: How a Shared Cosmology Could Transform the World: Abrams, Nancy Ellen, Primack, Joel, Abrams, Nancy Ellen and Primack, Joel R: Amazon.com.au: Books The early universe was in a hot, dense state that cooled as it expanded. The infant universe was shrouded until about 400 million years after the Big Bang, when the first stars began to form and the earliest galaxies developed.

RELATED BOOKS